Monday, January 7, 2013

Favorite Products of 2012


Wow! It's been much too long since I've posted! Between a broken camera, my first semester of senior year, and a blogging job with the always-fab makeuptalk, I've been one busy girl! Although I can't promise that posts here will be often, I will try and publish something every now and then.

To get into the swing of things, I'd like to share some of my 2012 favorites with y'all, inspired by lots of my other favorite beauty bloggers! It's been a busy buying year for me (probably not a good thing on a college-student budget), so I've tried lots of new products, plus what I've gotten in my beauty subscriptions. Here are the things I would definitely purchase again - my favorites of 2012!


Favorite Foundation: Benefit Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow 

After lots of experimenting, I finally found my holy grail foundation! Benefit's Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow foundation gives me the light coverage that my sensitive skin needs while still covering up some of my persistent acne problem areas. Plus, it blends in my skin really well, leaving no signs of lines. It really turned me on to the Benefit brand!

Notable runner-ups: e.l.f. Studio Tinted Moisturizer




Favorite Skin Perfector: Urban Decay's De-Slick Setting Spray

This miscellaneous category includes all the products I've tried that are designed to make your skin look better. This was a hard one to pick a favorite, but I really can't go a day without using Urban Decay's De-Slick spray. By misting my face before and after makeup application, my face is dramatically less shiny by the end of the day. It's perfect for someone with oily skin.

Notable runner-ups: Benefit's How to Look the Best at Everything Kit, Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in Shimmer



Favorite Eye Shadow Palette: Stila In the Know palette

I've tried what feels like a million different eyeshadows this year, but my favorite palette has been - by far - the Stila In the Know palette. The colors are unique and varied, the payoff is great, and I even love playing around with the purple smudge stick included! I use Instinct, a shimmery white-pink, the most often, but I really like playing around with Glance, a shimmery lilac.

Notable runner-ups: Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, Stila In the Garden palette



Favorite Mascara: theBalm What's Your Type in Bodybuilder

I believe I got a sample size of this mascara with Ipsy, and I loved it so much I had to trade away for another one. I was surprised by how great this product made my eyelashes looked - they were long and gorgeous with clumping, a major problem I have. I would definitely re-buy this item, although I've got enough mascara saved up through various samples to last me all of 2013!

Notable runner-ups: Benefit's Bad Gal mascara, Smashbox Hyerlash




Favorite Blush: NARS' Orgasm

This is probably no surprise to everyone considering how much buzz NARS gets for their signature blush! I'd been dying to try it for myself, and in November I finally broke down and treated myself. I really like how easy it is to build color, and this blush looks very flattering on me. Now if only it wasn't so expensive!

Notable runner-ups: None! This blush blew all the others out of the water!



Favorite Lip Tint: Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Joy

I got my first Tarte Lipsurgence in my Teen Vogue Birchbox, and it made me an instant fan of the brand! The first color I got this year - Joy - has remained my favorite. I didn't think the orange would look good on my lips, but it actually blended into a gorgeous, peachy color. I was shocked! I later had to go out and buy more of Tarte's tints, but Joy still remains my favorite!

Notable runner-ups: Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Enchanted, Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink


Favorite Perfume: Dior's Miss Dior

After getting a vial of this perfume in one of my Birchboxes, I instantly fell in love, even though I'm not big on perfume. There's something about this sweet, girly, and floral scent that fits me perfectly. Luckily, my lovely boyfriend gave me the full size for my birthday, and it's my every-day scent - when I can remember to spray it on!

Notable runner-ups: Prada Candy, Juicy Couture Viva La Fleur



Favorite Hair Product: 12 Benefits

Yet another one of my Birchbox finds, I really enjoyed this hair treatment. 12 Benefits is a leave-in conditioner that is supposed to have twelve different hair benefits, including protecting from heat damage, eliminating frizz, adding softness, and more. I spray about four to six spurts right before blow drying my hair, and I really do feel like my hair is getting softer, if nothing else!

Notable runner-ups: Gloss Moderne High Gloss Masque, Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray



Favorite Nail Polish: Zoya Kristen

This was perhaps the hardest category to choose, if nothing else because I love nail polish! I had A LOT of great polish purchases this year, but Zoya Kristen is probably the one I've used the most of. The light, almost dusty blue looks really good with my skin tone, and I can dress it up by adding some sparkles when I'm tired of the creme finish. (But make sure you check out the notable runner-ups below! They're almost just as amazing!)

Notable runner-ups: Essie Little Brown Dress, Zoya Lotus, Essie Navigate Her, Color Club Insta-This



What are your favorite products of 2012? Let me know in the comments! Here's to a bright and happy 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment